Robbers force LAUTECH students to have se.x with one another – Punch reportage

20151031-134541.jpg

around 12 midnight, 3 robbers stormed a hostel in Under G Area of Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Ogbomoso, Oyo State. They gathered all residents of the hostel together. After this, they
locked the entrance to the hostel, ransacked all rooms, stole the students’ laptops, money, debit cards, tablets and mobile phones.
But they weren’t done. They rap.ed some of the girls and commanded some to have se.x with each other. During a visit by Punch Newspaper to the hostel, one of the victims shared her ordeal. She said: ““They raped some girls in our presence, but not only that, they asked us to start having se.x with ourselves, right in everybody’s presence. They asked all of us to strip nak.ed.
When they were satisfied, they called another pair of students to do the same thing and told everybody to watch. For about three hours, they dehumanized us, humiliated us. Everything happened like it was a dream. They pointed at a guy I knew as my junior and asked him to do ‘it’ with me. When I refused, they slapped me and I fell.
I had no option than to do it. It was not a night to remember. I wish I could erase it from my memory. My friend and I returned to the hostel that night after reading in the school because our exam is fast approaching. If I knew something like that would happen, I would have stayed in the school till the morning, but I needed to prepare for the following day’s work.”
Since July when they resumed for the semester, the students of LAUTECH have been witnessing robbery attacks and rape by the same set of unknown men – who call themselves ‘Three MOPOLs’mThe Welfare Officer of the SUG of the institution, Ridwan Okedara, wsaid he could not count the number of calls he had received ever since the incident started occurring. He said it was unfortunate that the hoodlums had yet to be apprehended.
The P.R.O of the institution, Mr. Lekan Fadeyi, however said that the insinuation that the university management didn’t do anything on the rap.e and robbery incidents was far from the truth….. may God heal d victims……

Comments