I kidnapped my uncle’s daughter bcos he’s stingy – Millionaire’s Brother Confesses



A 37yrs old man, Chima John, was on Tuesday paraded at the Oyo State Police Command for the kidnap of his 13-year-old niece. John, who has been in the custody of the police, confessed before journalists that he abducted his niece, Ijeoma, to get to his uncle whom he described as stingy.
His confession: “I sent someone to my uncle’s shop to get some items and instructed the person to tell my niece to come to the car in which I was to get the money for the items.
“On sighting me, I told her to come into the car and we forced her in.
I took the girl just to revenge for what my uncle did to us. He breached a contract and he is very stingy.
“We had a little quarrel in the past on trading business. I did it just to get money from him and I requested for N2.5 million.”
When asked if the ransom was eventually paid, John said he was on his way to retrieving it as agreed when the police apprehended him.


On her part, Ijeoma recalled how she was abducted: “On that fateful day, a boy came to our shop begging me to sell some items to him. He eventually bought five ‘congos’ (measures) of rice with a bottle of groundnut oil.
“When I got to the car, I saw my ‘brother’ (John) and he beckoned on me to enter the car. I refused to enter the car but I was forced into the car. I was taken to a bush and kept in one house and I was beaten. He thereafter called my daddy and demanded N2.5 million.”
Ijeoma added that her abductor asked her to lie to her father (over the phone) that she was taken to a very dangerous place and that if he didn’t pay the money, she would be killed.
The girl’s father, Mr Ogbonnaya Okoro, confirmed that his nephew (John) kidnapped Ijeoma and then called him to demand N2.5 million for her safe return.
But he didn’t say anything about the allegation of breach of contract his ‘brother’ levelled against him.
That notwithstanding, the case is going to court.

Comments